- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil and garlic in a small saucepan over low heat until garlic becomes golden- several minutes (do not burn garlic); allow oil to cool.
- Bend asparagus gently at a natural point and when it snaps, discard end pieces.
- Place asparagus on a lipped roasting pan and toss with infused olive oil and garlic, coating all pieces.
- Line up asparagus and push together, season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 400°F for 12 minutes or until cooked to your liking.